A simple, delicious pasta salad that is great for summer get togethers, picnics, or anytime of the year. This recipe makes a lot, so I cut it in half; however, the recipe listed below is for the full recipe.
- 1 lb. box shell pasta, prepared al-dente, drained and rinsed in cold water
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and minced
- 1 medium green pepper, cored, seeded and minced
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 16 ounces of mayonnaise
- 8 ounces of sour cream
- 8 ounces of plain yogurt (I used Greek yogurt)
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp. sugar
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Toss together the first set of ingredients.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients. Pour the dressing over the past and vegetables and toss to coat. Refrigerate for 3 hours, stirring occasionally to blend the flavors.
Comment or watch this Recipe on You Tube
Follow me on:
Lynn's Recipes: July 2011
Click here for a handy Conversion Chart