Lynn demonstrates how to make a quick and healthy salad, suitable for a dinner side dish or for lunch. From My Daily Morsel.com.
- 3 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 cup orzo, cooked according to package directions and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves, chopped
- ½ pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup pitted kalamata olives, halved
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ½ red onion, diced
Whisk together the vinegar, oregano, garlic, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Gradually whisk in the olive oil.
In a large bowl, combine the orzo and the rest of the salad ingredients and toss to combine. Pour the dressing over and toss to coat all of the ingredients.
Comment or watch this Recipe on You Tube
Follow me on:
Lynn's Recipes: April 2013
Click here for a handy Conversion Chart