Lynn demonstrates how to make a delicious Spinach, Apple, Bacon Salad. Great for lunch or to serve as a salad at dinner.
- ¼ cup water
- 3 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Royal Gala or Granny Smith apple, cut into julienned strips
- 8 cups baby spinach
- Red onion, cut into strips
- Sliced button mushrooms
- 2 slices center-cut bacon, cooked until crispy and crumbled
Combine first 6 ingredients (water through pepper) in s small bowl, stirring with a whisk to make the dressing.
Place all ingredients, except bacon, in a large bowl and toss with the dressing to coat. Sprinkle bacon over top. Refrigerate any leftovers.
Makes 4 servings
Comment or watch this Recipe on You Tube
Follow me on:
Lynn's Recipes: January 2013
Click here for a handy Conversion Chart