A great homemade alternative to the packaged dry Italian dressing mixes in the grocery store. This can be mixed up and stored in your spice cabinet, mixed with a few ingredients for a great salad dressing or to use in a variety of other ways.
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon onion powder
- 2 Tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 Tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 2 Tablespoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground basil
- ¼ teaspoon ground thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried celery leaves or flakes
Mix all of the above together and store in an airtight container.
To make salad dressing:
- 2 Tablespoons Italian Dressing Mix
- ¼ cup vinegar, red wine, balsamic, or whatever your favorite might be
- 2 Tablespoons water
- ½ -2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil or canola oil
Mix well and store in refrigerator.
Comment on this Recipe
Follow me on:
Lynn's Recipes: August 2012
Click here for a handy Conversion Chart