A super simple salad that is perfect for lunch or a light dinner.
Chipotle Chicken Salad
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2/3 cup light sour cream
- 1 Tablespoon minced chipotle chili, canned in adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
Mix above ingredients together well and then set aside while you make the salad.
- 4 cups romaine lettuce torn or shredded
- 2 cups chopped roasted skinless, boneless chicken breasts -- I used a rotisserie chicken from the deli at my grocery store
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup diced avocado
- 1/3 cup thinly, vertically sliced red onion
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (8-3/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained and rinsed
Combine lettuce and remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss gently to coat. Serve immediately.
You can make this spicier if you add a spoonful of the adobo sauce from the can. You may also substitute kidney or pinto beans for the black beans, if you prefer.
Comment or watch this Recipe on You Tube
Follow me on:
Lynn's Recipes: February 2012
Click here for a handy Conversion Chart