A great cornbread that is good with chili. This makes a lot, so it is good for a crowd.
Cream together ½ cup of softened butter and 1 cup of granulated sugar (the sugar can be reduced, if desired)
- 4 eggs
- 1 -16 ounce of cream corn (my can was 14.75 ounces, so that is what I used)
- ½ cup grated Monterey Jack Cheese
- 1-1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese -- I used the 4 cheese Mexican Blend and so I just added the whole package to equal 2 cups, which is called for in the recipe
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 box Jiffy cornbread mix
- Optional -- 2-4 jalapeno peppers, finely chopped (I used 2)
Mix all of the above very well and pour into a 9 x 13" baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Bake 40-45 minutes in a preheated 350° oven.
Below is the link to my Chili with Cornbread Topping recipe mentioned:
Chili with Cornbread Topping
Comment or watch this Recipe on You Tube
Follow me on:
Lynn's Recipes: September 2011
Click here for a handy Conversion Chart